Great article about NCR’s Restaurant Guard service. http://nyti.ms/18HRDKI
The positive coverage is no surprise as it echoes the feedback we have received from our customers, and the rigor of their analysis has confirmed many of the findings we have known through customer anecdotes. In summary:
• Restaurant Guard has a meaningful impact on restaurant operations by both stopping theft and improving productivity.
• The decrease in theft is due to Restaurant Guard improving employee behavior, so that existing employees perform more honestly rather than swapping out dishonest employees.
• The research team quantified additional impact (beyond theft prevention) of ~7% increased revenue through improved productivity as good employees stop stealing and, in order to maintain their income, improve performance to sell more and earn higher tips.
• This productivity increase is largely in higher-margin items like drinks, and the revenue increase is almost entirely profit since the restaurants were already absorbing the labor and food cost.
• Importantly, Restaurant Guard’s impact is not just a short term improvement and the results are sustained over time.
Read the full article here