Professional programming services available on this item. Let JCR program your department categories, sales tax and items.
For Retail, Gift Shops, Convenience Stores, Beer/Wine/Liquor, Specialty Food, Produce, Meat, & Main Street Merchants.
The SPS-500 is an ideal replacement for older-technology cash registers, a cost-effective alternative to PC-based POS and a powerful platform for independent franchises, multi-unit operators and chain accounts. The raised keyboard provides all the functions required by busy retailers. Authority is managed using traditional, secure cash register keys.
Available Through Memory Allocation: • Up to 60,000 PLUs* • Up to 999 Clerks/Cashiers* • Up to 99 Group Totals* • Up to 4 Hard or Soft Check Files* • Up to 5 Price Levels per PLU • Up to 100 Mix & Match Discounts • Up to 200 Key Link Menu Screens*
• Sales for 5 periods: Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly, Yearly
Electronic Journal The journal can be archived electronically for printing at end-of-day, can be collected on an SD card. A variety of electronic journal reports are available that allow you to quickly audit selected activities.
For Convenience and Accuracy
• Automatic Tax Calculation for Up to
6 Rates or Tables
• Cancel Sale Function
• Key Lock Controlled Transaction Void
• Check Cashing, • Post Tendering
• Hash PLU Status, • Training Mode • Forced Age Verification
• Not-Found PLU, • PLU Price Inquiry
• Built-In Electronic Time Clock
Customized Quality Receipts
• Pre & Post Graphic Logos
• Up to 6-Line Pre & Post Messages
• Complete Receipt on Request
Display Up to 200 Operator Screens with 24-Items per Screen. The color touch screen can guide the operator through choices of flavors, toppings,
condiments, and instructions.
The rear display allows consumers to monitor prices as items are entered and view the sale total.
Connect a keyboard to make programming quick and easy; or use a USB stick to Save/Load programs.
SD Card Utilities include program Save/Load, report capture, firmware updates and graphics uploading.
Touch Screen Display
USB Port in Front
Popular Components Included
Use a two-printer model when customer receipt and a traditional real-time printed journal is needed for sales archival. Quick and easy drop-in paper loading.
Integrated Credit, Debit and Gift Card Payment Processing
Insure Speed, Security and Efficiency
Electronic payment sales can be processed in a single step at the Sam4s SPS-500 Series with optional Tran™ series integrated payment appliances.
• The SPS-500 Series is electronic payment and gift card processing ready – no additional software modules are required.
• Free gift card processing is available through selected processing partners.
• Transactions can be processed in two seconds or less using the latest IPTran™or TwinTran™technology and a persistent Internet connection.
• One Tran appliance can be used to process payments for a network of
RS-232C options that can be shared within an SPS-500 network include serial Kitchen Printers, E-PAD Video Controllers and Datacap Tran™ electronic payment devices. Using optional SAM500 a PC can access any network register for report collection or program loading.
An Ethernet connection is provided on each SPS-500 Series ECR for inter-register communications (IRC) through a network switch. Up to 32 SPS-500 ECRs can be networked.
• Consolidate reports from all registers at any SPS-500 within the network
• Download program updates and price changes to all or selected registers in the network from any SPS-500.
• Share RS-232C devices such as the DataTran™ electronic payment processing appliance, kitchen video and kitchen printers that are connected to an individual SPS-500 with any SPS-500 in the network.
Direct Thermal, Drop-and-Print
Printer Stations – SPS-530: SPS-520:
Single Station; Receipt Printer Dual Station; Receipt and Journal Printers
530/100mm 520/80mm per Second
Two v2.0 (1 Front / 1 Rear)
Cashier Display: Rear Customer Display:
7” TFT-LCD Color Touch Screen Pop-Up Turret, 2 Lines by 16 Characters
Flat Keyboard Capacity:
Raised Keyboard Capacity:
160 Programmable Key Locations
90 Programmable Key Locations
4 Standard Serial Ports:
COM1 & COM2 (D-Sub-9M)
COM3 & COM4 (RJ45)
Additional Cash Drawer Ports:
Two Additional RJ11 (24V) Ports
Optional Integrated Dual Track Magnetic Card Reader (MCR)
Standard Cash Drawer:
5 Bill, 5 Coin with Drawer Lock and
Two Media Slots
15-3/4"W x 11-13/16"H x 17-3/4"D
Approximately 25 Watts
Optional 6MB Compact Flash Memory Expansion
Network LAN Port:
10/100 Base-T Ethernet (TCP/IP)
Approximately 25 Watts
Connect to a wide array of compatible POS peripherals. Two RS-232C communication ports are standard and two additional ports are available for: • Scanner • DataTran™ Integrated Payment Processing • Camera Video Surveillance DVR • Scale • Order Confirmation Display • Coin Dispenser • Additional Cash Drawer • Kitchen Printer • Kitchen Video Monitors • PC Communications & Software